Saturday, March 28, 2009
It's time
I have decided to get a membership to the YMCA again. I have been giving a lot of thought about things lately and have decided it is time for a change. I feel like I have just been drifting thru the past couple of years. I know that years go by fast the older you get, but I feel like I have wasted a lot of the time I have had. I don't really know how to explain it, but I know it is time for a change. I don't spend much time taking care of myself, yet I spend A LOT of time beating myself up about not taking care of myself. It's not very productive. I need to take things more seriously, and get with it. I have had problems with depression and all around yuckiness in the past (and present) and I'm tired of it. So, step one is get into shape! Spiritually and physically. I am going to make it a priority to open my bible everyday, even just for 5 minuets if that's all I have. 5 minuets is better than nothing. Also, I am going to work out. My goal is every day M-F. I have put it off saying I don't have the time. I watch baby Jules M-F, and I am not willing to give up evenings with my family. It's not often that the four of us are all in the same place at the same time, so working out in the evenings just isn't an option. So, I am going to go to the Y at 5:30am. My plan is to get up at 5 stretch, and go work out and get back home just in time to have breakfast with Jason before he leaves for work, then shower before Jules gets here. It will work out perfectly if I can get myself up at 5. I am just a little concerned. Jenny is NOT a morning person. Not even a little bit. Getting up at 7 is hard for me. I have always had a hard time getting up early. ALWAYS. I don't like it. I REALLY don't like it when I have to get up and my bed is still all cozy with my sleeping hubby in it. That is hard. BUT this is something that I need to do. For me and for my family. I need to take care of myself so I can be better for them. I know the first few weeks will be really tough, and I will most likely be exhausted the majority of the day, but once I get into a routine, I know I will enjoy working out. I am planning on starting on Monday. I am getting my ipod geared up with loud Worship (and 80s) music and going to hit the treadmill running (OK I will start with walking, but you get the point!). Wish me luck, I will need all of the support and encouragement I can get!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd volunteer to come with you but I'm not too sure about that 5:30 stuff.
ReplyDelete