Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kitchenaid mixer

Are they really as good as people say they are? The only mixer I have (or have ever had) is a dinky little hand mixer. It has served it's purpose quite well. But, as I was making cookies for the Men's Retreat, I thought about how nice it would be to have a nice mixer. My arguments for not getting one are, 1) they are expensive, and I could surely think of better things to spend that money on, or save for, and 2) would I really use it that much to get my moneys worth out of it. I think I would. So now I am on a mission to find one that isn't horribly priced like on craigslist or something.

4 comments:

  1. I love mine! I just got done making Zucchini bread in it. I got it for Christmas about 4 years ago. By this I mean I went and bought it for myself and gave it to my husband to wrap for me. There was a really good sale at Kohl's plus I had a 30% off coupon so it was pretty inexpensive, comparatively speaking (about $90 and they retail for about $300). Mine is the Artisan and I highly recommend getting one with at least a 300watt motor. I know a couple people who have taken the one with the 275 watt motor back because it just can't handle much. Since the economy is tight some people might try and unload theirs to make a little dough (get it? ha!)I'll keep a look out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUY ONE! I 'm telling you it's a great investment. I love it love it love it. I use it a couple times a week on average and almost daily during the holidays. Best investment ever. I bought mine on ebay for $100 with shipping and it's a professional Hobart series. Although they have shiny PINK ones at Target. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third the notion! I received mine as a Christmas gift a few years back, and unlike Alisa ;o), mine was a true gift, from my Mother-in-law actually. Yeah, I bet you could find a good deal on craigslist or ebay. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the same boat as you. I put off getting one cuz I was sure I could live without it. But, wow, do I love having it. Just make sure you get a good one. I thought I was getting a good one but guess not. The locking mechanism for the arm is broken so I'm gonna have to get a new one too. I'm going for a heavy duty kitchen-aid next time.

    ReplyDelete