Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Thursday, November 20, 2008

and what's he NOT allergic too??

We went for Trent's allergy appointment yesterday. We got there at 1 30. We got home at almost 5. Yes, it was a very long day. So we went in and they weighed him, and gave him a breathing test (his regular dr thinks he MAY have asthma). Then we went back to the room and they did allergy testing. He had to lay on his tummy and they put this stuff on his back and "scratched" it with a needle. I say "scratched' because they kept saying it's not a shot blablabla, but when you pull out a needle what will the kid think? I will add here that Trent HATES NEEDLES. He SCREAMS when he has to get a shot. It's really horrible. Anyway so he had 44 "scratches" on his back. They have to sit for 15 minuets, then they come in a look to see if there is a reaction. I watched a bunch of red bumbs come up. So the nurse came in and looked, then left, then came back in a while later and said they had to do a few more on his arm. After they already told him he was done. The ones on his arms WERE actually shots. :( He screamed and cried. I felt so bad for him. Then more waiting, and waitng. Then she came back to look at those. Then left again. Then the Dr. came in. Trent is allergic to..........

CATS
DOGS
ALL MOLD
DUST
DUST MITES
EVERYTHING OUTSIDE

So what's he NOT allergic too? Well, I dunno. I am thankful however that he doesn't have any food allergies. They didn't actually test for that because I don't think it's an issue.


Then he sent us to get a cat scan of his sinuses, and an xray of his adnoids. He said he is more leaning towards reflux and bad allergies than asthma, so we have to wait on those results.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the poor thing. Corban is a screamer when it comes to needles too and I can't imagine doing those test with him so I really feel for you and the day you (and he) had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's going to happen with your indoor animals? Do you have to get rid of them? I've always been a bit concerned with Jared and I's allergy, asthma, and hay fever issues that if one of the kids had it all our fur babies would have to be rehomed. Just curious. Poor Trent, that sounds like torture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked the dr about that. He said that we didn't need to get rid of them. We need to keep them out of his bedroom and dust and vacuum very often. The dr just called a bit a go and he has some other stuff going on too. So, things should start to clear up for him. The animals were low on the list, and the other stuff was higher. But if things don't get better then we may need to find them new homes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With his mold allergy you want to make sure that if you have pancake mix it is not expired. If he were to eat any that was expired, it could be fatal. On a more happier note, at least you found all this out now and you don't have to get rid of the animals. I'm glad we don't have any animals...so you can keep coming over...we'll be sure to dust and vacuum in advance ;o). Btw, how did he do when you guys were over last?

    ReplyDelete