I've been pretty pitiful lately, so I haven't had much to blog about.
Today we got all of the stuff out of our basement and moved it to the garage. We are planning on tearing out all of the carpet and putting down the laminate floor that is in the rest of our house. Since we are doing that we thought we would go ahead and do the walls. They are textured and they are gross looking. Hubby wants to scrape all of the texture off and sand it. It's going to be a BIG job. We also want to scrape the popcorn off of the ceiling, and take those stupid looking beams down that are on the ceiling. I have a feeling that this is going to turn into quite a project. Thankfully that is not our main living space, so it won't disrupt life. I will just have to look at it when I do laundry, which I REALLY need to do.
We are still trying to figure out our plans for that room. Our house isn't short on space, it's just the layout that annoys me. I don't really like how the bedrooms are on the same floor as the main living space. We always seem to be squished together, and honestly, I am grumpy and need some room to breathe right now. :) I think we will make it a living/play room, and have my little space set up with the sewing machine and whatnot. We have a TON of stuff we would like to get accomplished before Peanut gets here. After the basement, we are going to do the bathrooms. Then if we have time the kitchen. Depending on the sex of Peanut, the kid's rooms will be in there too. I'm tired just thinking about it...
No comments:
Post a Comment