Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yummy Ziti

I found this recipe on Meal Makeover Moms. It's super yummy, but I tweaked it a bit.

  • 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
  • Two 10 3/4-ounce cans 30%-less-sodium tomato soup
  • 8 ounces dried whole wheat blend ziti (about 2 1/2 cups)
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
The original recipe calls for 2 cups of shredded carrots, which I have never used, but might, and it also calls for mixing all the ingredients together, adding 2 soup cans of water and boiling noodles in the mixture. I boil the noodles separately to save a little time.

Cook and drain meat, add tomato soup, basil, garlic and onion powder and let simmer. Then add the noodles and mozz cheese. Then add Parmesan cheese to each serving, if desired.

The first time I made this I used whole wheat noodles, but Hubby isn't the biggest fan of whole wheat noodles. I made it last night with regular noodles and he liked it a lot better. Next time I think I will try half wheat and half regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment