Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The good, the bad and the YUCK

I have really started reading blogs that have lots of recipes on them. I am having a heck of a time coming up with dinner ideas. My brain does not work at this point, so I need lots of help. I decided that this week, I would try a couple new recipes. The first one was WONDERFUL. It was a huge hit with everyone in the family, even tho it had lots of spinach in it. I got the usual, ewwwwww from Trent when he saw all the green, but I had him try a bite and, imagine that, it was really good. Mom might actually know what she is talking about!

The first recipe was Garlic and Spinach Chicken Pasta. It was soo good.

Here's the ingredients, follow the link for the directions.

6 Tbs. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 box (1-lb) penne pasta
5-oz. fresh spinach, chopped
1 Tbs. dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh)
6 Tbs. lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Next time I will use a bit more chicken. It seemed a little uneven with all the noodles, possibly because I used whole wheat. I also used half the spinach because I wasn't sure how it was going to go over, but I will use the full amount next time. This meal was oh so yummy and garlic-y. YUM!


The second recipe, well lets just say I wasn't so lucky. I am not going to post the recipe because I refuse to bash someone elses stuff. I will say this, In our 5 years of marriage, and 6 years together, this is the first time we have ever opted for McDonald's over something I have cooked. I would say that is pretty good! :) I was kind of bummed that I wasted 2 lbs of chicken tho. Luckily IT'S ON SALE AT PRICE SHOPPER RIGHT NOW (just so you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment