Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Day

Today Tommy and I went to spend the day with Grandma. I helped her put up some Christmas decorations. I hope that they will put her in the Christmas spirit. I know this time of year is hard for her, not only is it the first with out Grandpa, but it hasn't been very long since he passed, so she hasn't had a lot of time to deal with it. I just can't imagine. In April, they would have been married 60 years. 60. Wow! That's alot of years. She has been doing pretty good at keeping busy, I think, but I'm sure being home alone at night is really hard.

After we put up the decorations, she took us out to lunch and then we went to a thrift store, and I found something AWESOME! :) I found a box of plates, salad plates, bowls and coffee cups, never used, all still wrapped up for $7! They are red like our kitchen. The big plates are white with red and white checker print around the rim, which is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but couldn't find, when we first decided on our red kitchen. Then the salad plates, bowls and cups have fruit and veggies on them, just like some of the pictures I have hanging in my kitchen. Can you believe it!?!? I was so stinking happy to find them. I would like to find another set because there is only 4 of each, and I would like 8, but I am still way happy! :) :) :) I am off to wash them!

No comments:

Post a Comment