Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Sunday, December 28, 2008

still here

I haven't been posting much, or keeping up with my pictures. I've just been kind of bla. We had a nice (three) Christmas get togethers. On Wednesday night we went to Jason's dad's house for chili. It was yummy! They got us a new computer chair. We just got a cheapy at walmart when we got our computer and the seat part is pretty much torn all away. We really haven't bothered getting a new one because it still serves it's purpose even tho it's not so pretty. But now we have a new one. :) On Thursday we went to my parents, and Saturday we went to Jason's moms. It's been a busy week/weekend. We always get cash for Christmas from my parents and grandparents, and usually the kids get cash too. So, this year I had a thought. I would really like to get a Wii. We have played it at a couple people's house, and I think they are a good way for our family to spend time together. Yes, it's a video game, but we are doing something together, and you typically don't just sit there. It does require movement. So that is 2 pluses right there. On the other hand, they are expensive. I have been torn about wanting Trent to have it, but I don't want to give him the impression that he just gets whatever he wants. He asked for one several times for Christmas, and I told him that it just wasn't going to happen. Then I had an idea. What if we all put our Christmas money together and bought one as a family. That was, he puts some of his money in for it so it's not like we are just giving it to him. I ran this by Jason and he thought it was a good idea. So today, Trent said he wished we had a Wii, so I said to him that we had been thinking about getting one, but, I would want him to put in some money for it too. That sweet boy ran to his room and brought me his "spend jar". I said, I guess that means that is something you would want to do. He said "YES!!!!!" So, we are getting a Wii this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment