Yesterday marked our 3 year anniversary of signing the papers on our house, (it was also Jason's b-day). We have been in this house for 3 years. And, for 3 years, I have HATED our hall bathroom. I don't even like being in there. We were in a hurry to move in, and didn't want to spend alot of money, and the previous owners had freshly painted the bathroom light blue. So we weren't in a hurry to paint it, we just wanted to move in and get settled. Well, that was 3 years ago. It also has the 1970s, brass, ugly, hanging light fixtures in there. I hate them, but we never did anything about them. One reason was, we were working on paying off all of our debt, so we kind of let our house go. Now that we are debt free (woo woo) we have a little extra money to work on our house.
The past few weeks we have been discussing living room/entry way/ hallway colors. We are being picky about it because we only want to do it once. But last night, while in the bathroom, I decided that it needed to be yellow, to go along with the duck decor we have in there. I went and got some sample cards and we picked out the color. I picked a little brighter yellow because there are no windows in there, and it always seems dull to me. Yes, well, we went to Home Depot and got all of the painting supplies. Jason had yard work to do, and I tackled the bathroom on my own. I taped off the trim and all of that fun stuff and started the painting.
First of all....neither of us even thought about getting a primer. Mostly because the blue is really really light. Well, painting yellow over blue, you get.....yellow with green tint. Fun stuff. Let me tell you. So, I get the first coat on, and start of the second coat, and all of a sudden, I start smelling banana. LOL Seriously, I did. It was the weirdest thing. But yes. It's REALLY yellow. We are letting it dry compleletly before we make any decicions about it. But I decided, if all else fails, I can toss the duck decor and get Spongebob stuff. Yes that is the color yellow it is.
I have painted SO many rooms yellow. It is my favorite color (other than pink). I learned with the first couple rooms that you pick the color you want and then get the lightest version they have of that shade. It's insane how bright it turns out otherwise. Ask Jared about our Highlighter bedroom in Joplin. It's a little hard to sleep when the room glows in the dark.
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty bad. Right now, it's still a small tint of green. I don't know what we will do. I am so dissapointed that my couple hour project that I was all excited about is turning into a huge mess. :(
ReplyDelete