I figured I would give the ol' envelope system a go. I don't know why, but I have never really gotten on board with "giving every penny a name". I have done well with getting x amount of cash out every paycheck and only spending that. I don't divide it up, I just get groceries, then spend the rest on whatever. But I was thinking, I still think I spend more than I should even tho I have the cash for it. So I dusted out the envelope wallet thingy that we got last year at the Dave Ramsey live event, and split up the money. We also have the leather one, but for some reason, the slots for cards is sticky, so I am just using the regular one. I am determined to make this work. :)
For some reason I got stir crazy around 5:30 and decided to go to Shawnee. I needed to go, I just wasn't planning on it today. But, we went. I had to go to Sears because the vacuum I have takes bags only sold at Sears. That is kind of a bummer, but it's a great vacuum so I will deal with it. Then we went to Petsmart to get "skunk off" for Tucker. He is a smelly boy! Both dogs were also in need of new collars. We like the kind that are mostly regular collars, but about 1/4 of it is choke chain. They don't make pink ones. Which stinks because Maddie is my only female companion in this house, so I want her to have pink stuff. But they don't make them in pink, so I was going to go for purple. Yea, the only purple ones they had were for really big dogs. :( I even asked the guy working there if they had more in the back. He asked if I was wanting them to match or something. I said, no, I just wanted a girl color. He laughed at me. LOL I would have laughed at me too. He said he would call for me and see when he was going to get more in and I could wait, but I thought it would be silly to make another trip up there just for a different color. So, she got a black one, and Tucker got a green one. Tomorrow we will give Tucker a bath with the skunk remover and hope that it works. Man, he stinks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment