Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Monday, July 14, 2008

Pickles

Tonight, Jason and I made our first batch of homemade pickles. We planted pickle cucumbers (the are a smaller "pickle" size). We got about 10-11 of them the past couple days, so we got some mason jars and started making pickles. We got 3 of the big jars out of those cucumbers. We made dill. I can't wait until tomorrow when we get to try them. They are supposed to sit for 12 hours to fully cool.

I am really excited and thankful about how our garden is taking off. In a few weeks we will have enough tomatoes to feed an army. :) We have had a few ripe tomatoes. Every summer I look forward to bologna and tomato sandwiches. They are soooo good. Mmmmmm.

Our peppers and zucchini are really taking off too. We have several different peppers, and I can't wait to make some homemade salsa.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our neighbors have pickle cucumbers and we discovered the vine was growing rampant over our side of the fence. We don't mind, though, since not only does that mean they're our cucumbers, but that our neighbor is cool and totally gave us some of his and said the same thing. All the cucumbers, none of the neighborly dischord! Wo0t!

    (I deleted the last comment because I incorrectly used a word and they don't let you edit. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete