Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Thursday, August 19, 2010

2 weeks worth

I spend too much money at the store. I know this, and am ready to change it. It isn't like I go and buy a bunch of junk or anything, I think it is just that 1) I don't make a proper list, leading to an extra trip to pick up something I forgot, and 2) multiple extra trips usually means multiple extra items that I probably could live without.

So in effort to cut back on the grocery budget, I have decided to try shopping for 2 weeks at a time instead of weekly. With this I will plan all meals including side items that I never plan for, and actually sit down and made a list with everything on it. That will take more time, but will save time in the long run because I won't be making extra trips, plus it will save gas money going every two weeks.

My other goal is to only get non-grocery items once a month! This will require a lot of paying attention to all the soaps, toothpastes, toilet paper, etc. I think this will be more difficult than the two week shopping!

I printed off a calender that I will put meals on. Then I will make a rough draft list of every ingredient of every meal on it. Then I will go back and make another list taking off items I already have or items that can be combined (instead of having hamburger written down twice I will just put 2lbs or whatever). Then off I will go. This will be interesting, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment