Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Sunday, May 17, 2009

In progress

Today I started on my kitchen. I pulled everything out of the bottom cabinets and got rid of some stuff, and rearranged the rest. My kitchen looks like a tornado hit it, but when I am finished it will be much more organized. I decided to make a list of what needs to be done in each room. I really think that is helping, and it's nice to be able to mark things off. :) I'm not sure which room I will do next, but I can't wait to get started.


I have been wanting to try different foods for dinner. I have a bad habit of cooking the same things over and over (mostly because I don't get feedback from other family members even tho I beg for dinner ideas!) Tonight I decided to break out some southern cookin' and made red beans and rice, collard greens and corn bread. I found a red beans and rice recipe on another blog. It was good, but it wasn't like the red beans and rice that I was wanting, it was more like gumbo. It was still yummy tho and had really good flavor. The greens are going to take some adjustments. The corn bread was way yummy as always, but then again, it's really hard to mess up Jiffy corn bread. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment