Pages

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've had it!

Ok, so last July you all remember, we brought home a stray dog from my brother's house because he wanted to shoot her (I doubt he would have, but who knows). I felt sorry for her, so we brought her home. Well, that was a year ago, and she really hasn't improved. The only thing I can say about her is she has stopped chewing on everything, althought she does still on some stuff. Our biggest issue is this, since we have two dogs, we decided we needed to fence in our yard so they can just go out and run. We spent alot of money and time on this fence, and that stupid hefer JUMPS the fence everytime we let them out. She goes out and rolls in crap. Literally, crap. Cow crap, or whatever happens to be dead on the side of the road. What's worse is, she barks at people. She goes into THEIR yard, and stands there and barks at them. That is just not acceptable. I am afraid 1) She will get hit by a car, and 2) The farmer whos cows she is bothering is going to shoot her. Seriously, people do that. I don't know what else to do. We've tried lots of things including a shock collar. She just doesn't care. We don't want to chain her up because she will just sit out there and bark, and dig our yard. I think we are going to have to get rid of her. I hate to do it, but what else do we do? She doesn't really give us any joy that a pet is supposed to, she just stresses us out. I welcome and suggestions for keeping her in the fence.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really have a suggestion, just wanted to say that my dad is one of those farmers who shoots stray dogs coming after his cattle.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jarod, always sooo comforting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the rolling in poop smell. Ours like to do that. The other day, Carly laid down in a puddle of water and horse doo. Yuck! At least they don't swim in the lagoon like some dogs we used to have did. Now that was a nasty smell!

    ReplyDelete